So today is the day 1.13 should release.
As anyone on our official discord will have seen, we’ve run into some issues with our plans for the world reset, and as such – we’ve had to make a few changes to our plans.
The main world on survival is being reset with 1.13
- It will be replaced with two separate worlds:
- One generated with vanilla 1.13, including all the new features.
- One generated in 1.12, but with the custom terrain we’ve already been showing screenshots of. You’ll still be able to use all the 1.13 blocks and features, they just wont naturally spawn in this world.
- Your inventory will be shared across both worlds.
- Both these worlds will start with a smaller world border of 8000 by 8000 blocks, but will later be expanded.
- You will have at least 3 weeks where the new worlds will be run alongside the current world, giving you time to move all your items.
- You can still submit rank-ups in the old world up until it is closed.
- There will be a world download provided, however Please use a world downloader mod and download just the parts of the world you particularly want. The world download will be big, and we can’t guarantee it will work.
We’ve decided this was the best option for the server going forward, and we didn’t want to leave a world reset hanging in the near future for too much longer, so we’d rather just get it done so that people can start to build and enjoy the new update. I appreciate that not everyone will be happy with our decision, but this is what we felt was going to work best for the network as a more permanent solution – and we hope the update will also encourage more players to come back and play on our network.
As said before, Creative will continue as is, and will be updated to allow access to the new features as soon as possible.
PureSurvival will have it’s world border extended, allowing new chunks to generate with the new blocks and features.
When everything is going to happen:
Since the update has only just been released, we’re still looking at everything that we need to update and fix before we can update the server. So all of the dates here are very likely to be delayed. Keep an eye on the Server Updates section of our website to see updates.
- We aim to update the network as soon as possible – the earliest this will be is Monday 23rd July 2018.
- This will see the launch of the New Vanilla World for survival.
- During this time the Nether, End and Explore worlds will be disabled as a lag prevention measure.
- The new spawn will open, along with many of the new warps (although some will be left until the old world is removed before opening).
- We may still be working on a few finishing touches around the spawn.
- The New Custom world for survival will open the following Wednesday.
- This gives us a little more time to make some adjustments to the custom terrain to get it just that bit better.
- We will then remove the old world 3 weeks after the update, on Monday 13th August.
- Alongside this we will reopen the Nether, End and Explore worlds.
- Survival’s economy will be reset.
- The new shop and rentable shops in spawn will be available.
- Our new voting perks will come into affect.
- A world download for the old world will be released. (It will be a copy of the world from before the 3 week transfer time)
Thank you all for the continued support through this, and we hope to see you all enjoying the new update once we’re there!
We welcome any feedback or suggestions on the forums or on our discord server.
~The ClownerCraft Staff