TL;DR We’ll update to 1.17 as soon as we can, probably a few weeks after it’s release. PureSurvival gets a worldborder expansion, Survival’s Explore worlds will reset and we’ll add some new shopping things to encourage player shops to sell the new items.
With 1.17 expected to release this coming Tuesday, it’s probably time we shared what our plans were to make sure you can access the new content on our network. I’d normally try to share these sorts of things as soon as the first pre release appears, but with Caves and Cliffs being split into two parts, we haven’t been able to finalise our plans quite as quickly this time around.
First though, the usual update disclaimer: We will update as soon as we can, but because of the way servers run, we have to wait for paper, plugins and various other things to be updated and stable. This can take several weeks after the update releases. As usual, we will aim to get 1.17 client support up and running within a few days of the update, but getting the server onto 1.17 to access the new content may take a little longer. We will share a more accurate ETA once we have one, but please be patient, and remember that our entire staff team are volunteering their time and often have other things which have to take priority.
Here’s the major changes we plan to implement to get access for the new content on our sandbox servers:
- Explore worlds will be reset.
- There will be a fresh set of worlds, generated in 1.17, for you to gather and farm the new resources and blocks.
- Going forward, we will be changing the Explore World reset schedule to only reset every 3 months, with the world border expanding during the months in between.
- Biome warps for the explore nether will be added.
- A new Sell Shop
- We will be adding a small sell shop with a limited selection of items you can sell to earn some extra cash.
- The items will be changed every 2 weeks.
- Shops & Economy
- We wont be adding shops to buy most of the new items, to help encourage player shops to start selling the new blocks and resources.
- Some unobtainable items will be made available in the server shop and tokenshop.
- Light blocks
- We will try to add a crafting recipe for the light block, and make it survival friendly.
- This may not be available immediately, but is in our plans.
- Special blocks menu
- We’ll be adding a menu that lets you get some of the special blocks which aren’t in the creative inventory. Including Barriers, Light Blocks and Command blocks. And possibly others.
- The world border for Pure will be expanded by 1000 blocks in each direction. Including the Nether and End.
- /rtp will be expanded to the new borders.
- There will be some downtime to pre-generate the new terrain.
There is still potential for these plans to change, but that’s about everything we’ll be doing for this half of Caves and Cliffs. If you have ideas or feedback, please do share in #suggestions-feedback on our discord server!